Above water 2 (Giffre)

I took this photograph in the waters of the “Giffre”, a river of the Haute Savoie (French Alpes Mountains).
The water of the river is limpid. We couldn’t understand all the rocks are under the water unless there was reflections of sun light through the trees and a blurred and distorted effect on the top of the image.
I was fascinated with the diversity of rocks.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@enzodizarn

Enzo, the bright reflections do make it clear that these rocks are underwater. You’ve got a nice mix of rock sizes and shapes. Since there’s very little color, this might look good in black and white. I’ve done views like this sometimes including reflections and other times suppressing the reflections, both are challenging, especially with slow moving water like you have here.

Dear Mark, thank you for your advice. I worked on the photography to give it more strenght : I croped it to give less space to the the blurred parts and to focus on the stones. By giving it more contrast, I also make the colours more visibles. What do you think of the result ?

Enzo - I think this is a much stronger photo. It puts more focus on the part of the image.