Abstract

This is a failed attempt with a snail. Basically the snail was faster than my shutter speed. I was trying to shoot this with a 70 200 with a raynox on. But this snail was coming in straight at my lens…The result is a snail abstract …and some color splash on the frame…

Feel free to comment
7D, 70-200, iso400, f8, 1/13

A fine example of what we as macro photographers are up against, Balan! Many times our shutter speed isn’t what we would like because we need DOF. So you know when a snail is too fast for you, you are dealing with a slow shutter speed, for sure! I do like using my KX-800 twin flash with diffuser on it to stop action with it. Hopefully you will consider it a challenge though, and not let the snail win this battle. There are some interesting lines and tones, but to me, it is just almost recognizable, and so feels like a “missed shot”. It will be interesting to see what others have to say. :upside_down_face:

Balan, how funny, to have a snail “outrun” the shutter speed. :laughing: I do think getting a view like this with just the antennae tips sharp could be interesting. I too believe that it’s more important to get out looking and seeing, than it is to get a great image.

2 Likes