Adishesha

Took this photo on the same day as the previous one. The tree was just beside my cycle path to work and it was at its peak autumn stage. Moving further away, I noticed the tree in the background with its branches and coloured leaves spanning the image and providing a backdrop for the yellow tree. The entire scene reminded me of a Hindu mythological entity, hence the naming of the image.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all feedback is welcome of course. I am a bit confused if I have overdone the yellow saturation, I remember bringing it down to fit my preferences but still on the fence a bit with it. Besides that would like to know any other ideas that will help in improving the image. Thanks in advance.

Technical Details

ISO 100, f/11, 194mm, 0.4s Basic raw adjustments on LR. Had to clone out a power line that went through the yellow tree, besides that basic midtone contrast and HSL adjustments.

Hi Subha,

I really like the composition, soft contrast, and color work of this scene. I don’t think you pushed the saturation too far anywhere here. The yellow bush stands out nicely and the oak trees behind it support it well. Nice movement in this scene. I think it might just be a tad too magenta? So you can move the tint slider a few points more green. Which then might require to you desaturate the greens slightly.

Hope this helps!

Your friend,
Eric

1 Like