After the Fire

This photo is a snapshot of the aftermath of the forest fires in Oregon in September. The forest floor is denuded of it’s normal undergrowth. The trees are all charred with no leaves or needles. The fog adds to the look of desolation.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

2 Likes

Sadly wonderful photo, Chris. The angle of the forest floor, along with the foggy atmosphere, add to the devastation of the scene. Great representation of “bare.”

Hi Chris! This really captures the sadness and loss of so many lives and homes for flora, fauna and human. Really amazing documentary type photography.

I have some photos I took in a burned out trailer park that really captures the loss of people’s homes. It was devastating to be there and see it and imagine how awful it was for these families who lost everything.

A very graphic photo, Chris. Interestingly, it looks as if there are a couple of small pieces of green at the bottom of the frame and they tend to lessen the desolation for me.

Wow, the blue fog with the burnt trees and browned ground is quite striking. Your framing is nice. That little bit of green at the bottom is a bit distracting because it’s so close to the edge. Isn’t is amazing how fast some of the shrubs can come back?

Thanks for the responses. I didn’t notice the bits of green at the bottom of the photo. Thank you for pointing that out. It’s been fixed.

Chris, the blueness and the bareness really stand out here. The bits of color, particularly the browns and golds, near the bottom make a fine contrast to the bareness.