After the Fog

We did finally have the fog lift over parts of our third loop around Ridgefield on Saturday and in one of those gaps there were quite a number of great egrets in the same general area. This one was actually quite close to the road and paraded one way, turned around and went the other as if it were a model on a runway. This pose fit that image in my mind.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Did I get enough structure in the plumage?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

Any pertinent technical details:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 221 mm, beanbag on car window, f/8, 1/2000, iso 2500 (by then I probably should have dropped the iso), manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 14.5 MP at an arbitrary aspect ratio. Taken at 2:09 pm on November 24th.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

A good pose and nice detail. I don’t see any noise, yet I have the same gear as you and would likely have had a fair amount of noise. And would have lost detail trying to reduce the noise. What’s your secret?

A nice pose and good clarity, but to answer you question, it does look a little hot with loss of fine detail on it’s back. Still a nice capture, Dennis!

Before even reading your description I figured you probably took this at Ridgefield. Very nice detail Dennis, I like the head up territorial type of pose here.

Love the pose and detail looks good. Nice work at 2500 ISO