After The Rain

After a nice soothing soft rainfall at Longwood Gardens, PA.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any at all

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Olympus EM52, 145mm, 1/20 sec @ f/16, ISO320

2 Likes

Wow – gorgeous!! Such wonderful variety in the leaves, with the undersides having the same warmer tone of the flower. My only thought is that the flower feels that it has lost a bit of detail by being a little overexposed. Tough call to balance it with the robust leaves. Maybe it isn’t lower exposure it needs, but something more like Clarity or Structure, mostly in the center.

Hi,

Looks very nice with the water drops. The center of the flower seems slightly softer than the surrounding lily pads. I think that it is mainly due to the pastel colors of the flower as contrast is reduced in that part of the image. Upon examination of the large version, it looks as sharp as the rest of the photo and does not require any additional sharpening. Awesome photo…Jim

So rich with color, depth and detail. I do envy you the pink lilies. We have just white. Even without the water drops this would be amazing, but with them it’s really special. The depth of color in the leaves is a nice offset to the delicacy of the flower itself. I’m not in love with the rolled leaf on the left, but probably nothing could be done about that. Really gorgeous. What a print it would make!

Sweet. I love the raindrops everywhere. Well done.

What a beautiful image, Michael. I first thought that the yellow center of the Lilly was too soft , but the larger version shows excellent focus. There is a beautiful richness in all the leave/pads, nice processing.

Mike,
The pastel pinks of the flower are quite lovely and everywhere you look it is surrounded by all those gorgeous water drops. I also like the slightly off center placement of the flower and the rich greens of the lily pads contrast beautiful with the pinks of the water lily. My only suggestion; just my personal preference; would be to bring down the pink tones ever so slightly. Beautiful image for sure!