After The Rain #2 + Repost

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Olympus EM5 MK2, 280mm, 1/10 sec @ f/16, ISO 250

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
3 Likes

Michael: The rain drops are a great bonus. I like the submerged pad but I think I would make the submerged stem above the flower go away. Beautiful flower superbly captured. >=))>

Thanks @Bill_Fach. You are totally right about the stem.

1 Like

What a amazing photo Michael, very unique. You did well with the repost

Michael: I like the diagonal created by the Lilly’s stem, the tones and detail in the flower and last , the raindrops. My only nit would be to consider removing the submerged stem above the flower. Excellent otherwise. Richard

Michael, the second post is a truly ‘zen’ frame. Very-very beautiful.

Another lovely image from your recent Longwood trip, Mike. I think your repost with @Bill_Fach’s suggestion nailed it. Your focus is spot on and I like the graceful flow of the lily into the frame as it emerges from the water. I like your placement of the submerged pad as it fills up some negative space. The pinks and whites of the lily compliment each other nicely and as in your prior image the raindrops are the finishing touch.

Beautiful image with the stem removed. dof is perfect. Color and contrast look great. Love the rolled up leaf to the left. I think it adds to th e image.

Gorgeous, with wonderful DOF on the flower and a compelling composition! My only very small suggestion would be to wonder about lightening the reflection of the stem a bit. It seems a bit stark and gives the eye a path out of the image. A combination of lightening it and a darker burn of the water in the LL corner could be interesting.