After the storm

First dat shooting was rainy but this is the bright side of that weather.

Specific Feedback Requested

Composition and processing

Technical Details

7 Likes

A very moody shot, Mario. I really like the foreground contrasted with the darker background. Nicely seen.

Good work, Mario. I think this is the best of the 3 you’ve posted since returning. I tried raising the luminance of yellow (adjusting saturation accordingly) and really liked it. But it did change the mood so that may not be what you’re after.

1 Like

This has a wonderful mood - it captures the mood of a passing storm in these mountains. I just returned from the Ouray area (did the fall colors workshop with David K & Jennifer R) and we saw this kind of weather, also. It was very dramatic.

The only comment I have on this photo is the oddly toned dark area in the ULC. It looks sort of brownish. Other than that, it looks great.

1 Like

I tried upping the luminescence on yellow and actually like it. Its a keeper.

1 Like

Mario,

Excellent mountain landscape, excellent comp. And given the conditions, I’d say the darker presentation is fitting and most certainly is creating a somber mood.

I might opt for an increased luminosity (not just the yellows), but would understand if that reduces the mood you were after.

The drama in the clouds really is what is dictating the mood. Maybe it’s me, but it almost looks like the clouds are super-imposed on the scene. Just an observation. And I do like the fog that is wrapping around mid frame.

A couple different ways you could take this. The good news is that you’ve got a strong base to start with!

Lon

1 Like

A great image, Mario. I like the darker mood as presented. To even more emphasize the darker mood one idea could be to darken the bright cloud parts at the upper border.

Thank you @David_Bostock @Ola_Jovall @Igor_Doncov @Lon_Overacker @Bonnie_Lampley for you comments and suggesions.

Lovely image Mario. Nice contrast between the foreground and mountains.