After the rain

This was originally published on 24th August, I just recently re processed the photo to make it more dramatic. It is not the same image but one taken just after that I missed in my first edit.

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback is welcome

Technical Details

Processed in LR and PS. Canon 5dsr. 70-200mm lens.

1 Like

Wonderful dramatic image. You can almost feel the fierceness of the wind. Great use of contrast to bring out the drama. It’s interesting how the sky is b&w while the rest of the image has color. Or is that an illusion.

You definitely nailed the drama in this piece, both through composition and processing. My only advice, perhaps, would be to tone down the brightness on the left-most cliff edge, as it is a bit too bright and therefore draws a lot of attention, preventing the eye from properly flowing through the scene.

1 Like

No illusion the sky was black and white with some yellow.

Thanks Cody I agree.

A powerful image. The colour palette is unusual - the red/gold of the cliffs against the almost indigo water. But for me, the unexpected colours give this image enormous impact. That along with the superb lighting. I also like your choice of aspect ratio (is that 16:10) that accentuates the sweep and scale of this photograph. Wonderfully seen and executed.

I like the re-work here, lots of drama… still feels unbalanced like it’s going uphill to the right. I took a screenshot to illustrate.

A very enjoyable picture with oodles of drama in all three elements, Earth, Water and Air.

Bugger I missed that again. thanks Matt

Thanks Ian. Good name for a band

16:9 which I generally perfer for landscapes. Thanks for your kind comments

David,

Way late here, but just had to chime in and echo the comments on this DRAMAIC seascape.

Wasn’t readily obvious to me, but Matt had the keen eye on the horizon. Minor tweak.

No other nits or suggestions. Clearly one of those moments in nature where we just marvel at the spectacle and hope to come home with some amazing images.

Lon

1 Like