Almost ready

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I’ve been watching several juvenile frogs hanging out in my pond. Given the time of year, I’m thinking that these are most likely young Green Frogs, although Green Frogs often over winter. There’s a young Northern Water Snake also hanging out, so I wonder if the snake’s presence has pushed these frogs to mature faster… Ignoring the tail, this one (and others without tails) is about an inch long.

Technical Details

R5, 180 mm macro, 1/250 s, f/8, iso 800, tripod. 25 shot stack for dof.

2 Likes

This frog looks good against the bed of hair algar. Either or, you can edit out the bright highlight or leave it in. I prefer it with the sparkle–it shows off the frogsshiny integument…Jim

Oh how neat, Mark, a frog with it’s tail still on! You did a fine job capturing this nice look at such a tiny little guy, who probably is very active, and in the water with all the grasses. I hope the snake doesn’t get him. I like the little sparkle on him. Nice shot.

Such a nice view and moment you got there, Mark. I like the tiny starburst and the other reflections in the water. The perspective in the photo is really showing some action, especially when you enlarge the photo to full screen. I can see the ripples around the frog’s head as it is emerging from the water. The presence of its tail is great, too. Great capture!

Nice catch of this frog Mark. I like the surroundings and the pose with his head out of water and leg on the rocks. I could see a version without the sunburst. Really interesting frame.