Green Tree Frog

Jean Lafitte NP has always been a reliable place to find these little guys in the early morning hours before their nap time. They like to hang out in the saw grass and other green plant life there. This is an old file I liked because of the pose and direct stare with the warm light against the backdrop. I only wish it had been a better image, so I tried to help it out by fixing a few specular highlights on the skin and gave it my best shot on doing a little sharpening and such.

E-3, Zuiko 50-200 @200, tripod, ISO 200 1/60 f6.3, -1/3EV, full frame

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Nice job on the highlights, Bill I don’t see any sign of your tinkering. I love the pose and angle. If you have the pixels, you might crop to decenter it a little, mainly to get it a bit higher in the frame.

He’s a cutie, Bill. I can see why you tried working on this image, it sure is a good pose of him, and worth the effort. I agree with Dennis that maybe if you can, try to get him a bit off centered.

Hi Bill,

Just move him up in the frame should work. Good pose…Jim

@Dennis_Plank, @Shirley_Freeman and @Jim_Zablotny, you’re quite correct about decentering. I had some old versions where I also rotated so that the saw grass was diagonal and the eyes were closer to level. This pretty much replicates what I had done, with the new size parameters.
Although the E-3 is pretty decent with that 50-200 (still have both), I have since gotten the EM1 Mk II and the Leica 100-400, which will be my gear for more of these closeups. Thanks as always.

Very nice work with the sharpening, Bill. I think moving the subject up and to the right a little will enhance this composition a lot. Great colors and light, and the pose looking at you makes this a fine shot.

Oops! Forgot to attach the edit. Pardon my senior moment :slightly_frowning_face:

I like the edit, Bill. I think it helps the image.

Perfect!..Jim

Excellent, Bill!

Bill: Senior moment? . . . I forgot what that means :wink:. I like the original a lot and the edit even more. Terrific pose and DOF control. Terrific find and a better capture.>=))>

Definitely cute, Bill. Love the pose and how the frog stands out so well in the midst of all the green. Your processing looks good. I think that having the frog centered lends some extra emphasis. It would be interesting to compare this version with a crop where the frog is higher and further left. I suspect the two views would feel quite different.