Alone at an Iconic Location

This was taken 4/20/21 at Schwabacher Landing in Grand Teton National Park. It was 15 degrees and I had to hike from the Highway through the snow for sunrise. The beauty is I had the whole place to myself. There was not 40 or 50 other photographers there. Still ice on the beaver pond, but enough clear water here to get some reflection. Just a beautiful morning at a beautiful place.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all comments and critiques are appreciated

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7D, Sigma 17-70, 17mm, 3.2 sec, ISO 100, 16mm, tripod and remote release

Nice scene here Richard. Your image definitely conveys the cold morning. I really like the alpen glow and you’ve done really well with a bald sky.

In my subjective opinion I’d be inclined to crop some of the left and bottom of frame to give more visual weight to the peaks and the reflection. I find that there is a bit of empty space in the lower left hand corner.

It’s a rare day that anyone has this place all to themselves at sunrise, it’s usually shoulder to shoulder photographers.

The processing of color/contrast/exposure looks great. My suggestion for tweaks would be the the same as @Nathan_Klein’s on cropping. I think a bottom crop that happens just below the shoreline on the right would work well.