Alone

A beautiful beginning to sunset on the beach at Gulf Islands National Seashore, near Pensacola Beach. The only other person on the beach this evening was a lone soul walking further down the beach. I couldn’t help but wonder if they were happy to be alone or sad.

As always, I’d love to hear your honest critiques and/or suggestions.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any and all.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any and all.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@simplynatureart

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Hey Bill,

Fantastic sunset! For me the highlight of this image is the sun reflecting in the wet sand, the diagonal line of the waves and the vibrant clouds from the sunset.

I’d consider cropping the top so that the image is in landscape orientation instead of portrait. The top has some nice patterns in the clouds but I’d be looking to keep the viewers attention in the lower half of the frame.

1 Like

A beautiful blend of yellows and greys across the sky, sea and sand, and I rather like the square format - if unusual perhaps for this kind of scene ( that may be why I like it ! )

Bill,

This is flat out gorgeous! Fantastic, fabulous… I love this exactly as presented. The human presence most certainly tells a story and you’ve posed a great question… But this would still be beautiful without them.

I think your chosen crop and presentation works perfectly. You’ve given a slight emphasis to that fascinating sky, but also just the right amount of space to the sea, and the leading line of the reflection on the beach - leading right to the figure. Perfect.

No nits. Love it.

Lon

Great shot Bill, but I would also suggest a landscape crop. JMHO To my eye it makes the diagonal of the shoreline that much stronger.
:vulcan_salute:

Spectacular beach scene Bill. I love just the way it is, Wonderful sky and reflections.

This is a wonderful I’d-like-to-be-there image. The gold reflections are just in the right place, ahead of the lone beach walker. I think I agree with the idea of cropping a little of that busy, dramatic sky so that the beach, water, sun and walker are more emphasized. But it’s wonderful as is.

The dark clouds are really interesting. It looks as though a pretty nasty storm had passed. The surf supports that as well. I can relate to walks on the beach after a storm. The air is fresh and the sand is often wet from the rain. I think this captures those moments quite well. I would keep the sky because it’s part of the story.