Along the Beach

Bear with me; I only have a couple more left from our recent trip to Cape Henlopen SP, DE. Hopefully I will have something different in a couple of weeks when the foliage starts to change. I found it hard to create something interesting with just sand and surf so I had to try and be creative with some of the wave patterns. For the most part I would just wait until the water started to recede; creating the sense of motion; before tripping the shutter. I was fortunate that there was some wave action along with some wonderful clouds in the sky.

As always thanks for taking a moment to leave your thoughts.

Specific Feedback Requested

All C&C welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D800, Nikon 17-35 @ 17mm, f 14 @ 0.4 sec, ISO 64, cable release & tripod.

1 Like

I like this one more than the last. There is more vigor, more energy in this one in the composition. Those long diagonal undulating lines of foam and the vertical one between sand and water. Yeah, there are just a lot of diagonal lines. Good work. I think you have a winner.

I also love the energy created my the receding water, Ed. Along with your POV the lines pulls my eyes right to the background with those forbidding clouds. This one is most definitely my favorite, so far. Nicely done and great series.

Fine energy from the strong triangle of the wet shore and lines of surf and receding water. I happened to roll crop the sky 40% and it seems to increase the tension/energy a bit.

Beautiful sky and the right shutter speed. A very nice one.

Four vulcan salutes from me :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute:
I love the sweep of the waves and great SS

Ed, late to the party but I also like the sweep and the cloud bank. The only hesitation for me comes from the strip of “dry” sand on the right. Also, I would consider cloning out that darker wave crest near the horizon on the right side of the image.