A Parting of the Waves

This is the first time I was able to shoot after a Noreaster had passed through and I have to tell you I had a blast. The winds were still blowing the following morning and it created some tremendous wave action. I saw some waves crashing against Otter Cliff that exploded to 60-70 feet high. I did not get as many keepers as I had hoped, but all in all it was a learning experience that I would like to try again. As always, thanks for stopping by and leaving a thought.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D800, Nikon 17-35 @ 28mm, f 11 @ 1/500 sec, ISO 640, cable release & tripod

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Looks good to me. I like the comp, but I might want just a bit more sky? That said, still looks good as presented. The foreground works really well for me, too. I like the patterns and earth tones contrasting with the whites and grays.

Everything works well here, Ed. Interesting FG with the red granite, an in your face wave, and some nice textured clouds. I do see a small dust spot in the sky just left of center.
:vulcan_salute: