Wind and Rain

This was one of the few times that I used my 17-35 on our autumn trip to NH and ME this year. I wanted to emphasize the FG granite of the Acadia coastline with the crashing waves from the Noreaster that passed through. It was a blast shooting in these conditions, but you had to be aware of where you were in relation to the incoming waves as I had a few come up to my tripod. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a thought.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D800, Nikon 17-35 @ 28 mm, f 11 @ 1/500 sec, ISO 640

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Ed the mix of lots of granite and the big splash creates a fine sense of drama along with the contrast between solid and motion. It’s easy to imagine how many shots you threw away because the splash wasn’t big enough or was in the wrong position.

Ed: Having my fair share of sneaker wave experiences in Oregon I can sympathize with your sentiments. There’s nothing quite like being this close to the power of the ocean. Nicely done.>=))>