WC # 915 Acadia Storm

We don’t get the wave action here on the east coast that westerners do. I guess it’s the underlying topography under the water? This noreaster did produce some decent drama though.! Should I clone out the bird because of it’s smallness in the frame ?

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Beautiful image! I like the exposure time, the dynamic in the water, and the crop. Nice contrast between the waves and the dark rock.
For me, the bird doesn’t add much to the image but still attracts attention, and can be cloned out.

Michael, the wave action is quite dramatic against that rugged cliff. Yes on the east coast, the underwater topography (long gentle slope out to sea) reduces the wave break drama. I like the bits of dirt in the splashes the bottom. The bird is recognizable as such even in the small version, so I’d leave it in, but it’s a question of the story. If you want to emphasize the breaking wave drama, clone it, if you want to show a wild weather day at the shore, leave it.

Michael: This reminds me of Oregon and also that I need to put Acadia higher on my bucket list. The northeast is the only part of the U.S. I’ve never visited as Philadelphia is the farthest east and north that I’ve explored. I have a similar shot from Oregon with a bird like this and I chose to keep it as a small bit of the story. :+1::+1:>=))>