Alpen Bow

This is an old photo from 2007. I had driven the dogs to the top of Thompson Pass to take them for a walk and almost aborted because it was pouring rain. I decided to go ahead and do a short walk so I put on my rain gear, left the camera in the car and let the dogs go. I had made no more than a couple hundred feet when all of a sudden the clouds broke and the sun came up and this rainbow appeared. I ran back to the car, grabbed the camera and got a few different shots before the rainbows faded. It turned out to be a very nice walk with no rain and nice clean air! There are two dogs in this photo. One is easy to spot and the other you have to look for :slight_smile:

Sony DSC-R1, ISO-160, f/8.0, 1/100, hand held.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

I see dog #2 over by the left edge. Did it retrieve the pot of gold? A fine full bow in a lovely scene, Gary. The stream has me wanting to go wading, or at least walking along, and the greens are nicely inviting.

Absolutely gorgeous, Gary. So glad that you weren’t far from your camera and able to capture this.

Very pleasant sense of Alaska in this image. Unlike the leading lines of the Creek and the crowning rainbow looks quite inviting. Well composed.

Gary: Marvelous scene and I especially like the intensity of the left side of the rainbow. Your critters are icing on the cake. >=))>