An elegant branch

When I go out for a short walk on the little patch of forest next to my house, it’s always an exercise on really paying attention to my surrounding and challenging my self to find something interesting to photograph, on a place I have walked time and time again. One main thing I try to do, is look not just in front of me, but also up. That’s how I spotted this branch high above me… It is now dead, yet I find its outline very elegant.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Fujifilm X-T4, 70-300mm lens.

1 Like

It is elegant, and nicely framed by the other trees. The only little nit I see is that bit of tree about midway along the right side, all by itself. I think you could clone that out and it wouldn’t pull the eye so much to that side. Other than that, this is well seen. It feels like the single branch is inserting itself into the conversation that the other trees are having with each other.

1 Like

Hi @Bonnie_Lampley , thank you for your feedback, I really like the ‘conversation’ between the trees :slight_smile: very well spotted on that tiny bit of tree, it can be cloned indeed.

I will have to echo @Bonnie_Lampley’s thoughts on this well seen B&W, Nikos. What I find very striking is all those graceful curves in that dead branch. Very nicely seen.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback @Ed_Lowe :slightly_smiling_face: