Analagous colors

When I was in the eastern Sierras recently there were many trees and grasses midway between green and yellow. This is a great WC for fall!

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Single image, processed in LR; ISO 400, 58mm, f/16, 1/60.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
4 Likes

Kathy, the lighting and comp. are great. The glowing trees start my eyes on the left and pull them back, into the distance. The framing with the aspen trunks on the left and the small evergreens adds a strong sense of depth.

I love the glow of the leaves in this wonderful light. Great job!

Beautiful fall scene. Are green and yellow analogous colors?

Kathy, the lighting on the leaves is wonderful. This reminds me of a painting, where one places the lighting to give depth in the picture. Very well done.:+1::+1:

A beautiful scene with a very pleasant and peaceful atmosphere, Kathy! Perfect choice for the analogous colors theme also.

Well deserved WP.
:vulcan_salute:

Kathy
Missed this one! The lighting and the color are superb. Very nice and well deserved WP!