Aspen Impressions

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This was an experiment in ICM, done after taking some “standard” images of the aspens, a trail though the trees, and aspens surrounding a large pond, while traveling through southwest Utah. Have done some trials of ICM, but this, I think is one of the more successful. Fun trying different camera settings and movement speeds. I believe this one started with the camera still , then moved the camera up during the exposure.

Specific Feedback

Does the color balance work?
Early attempts at ICM.

Technical Details

Processing in LRC, Several versions, but this is the one I like best. Could be more efficient/proficient in processing, but learning. Still only using LRC.

3 Likes

Very nice! And very complementary!! You got a lovely amount of blur in both the trunks and the grass. This stuff is frustrating, for sure. Only a few attempts work.

I love the impressionistic look here Marlin. The colors are so vibrant and so complimentary. The overall balance is really nice too. I’d put this on my wall.

Thank You, Diane. You are right, it took lots of shots to get what I wanted here. Each ICM scene takes a different kind of movement technique, so it is fun trying to figure them out. Lots of failures, for sure.

Thank You, Ed. I sent this to a friend, attached to an email, and when he replied, said he loved the painting! That is the look I was going for. It is hanging on my living room wall:)