Anhinga Portrait

The anhingas at this one pond in Florida were very acclimated to humans. They would dry their wings while perching on posts that lined the water while people walked right by. This particular female gave me a nice pose.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7DII, Sigma 150-600 C
ISO 400, f10, 1/800s, hand held

Here is another shot of an anhinga in the water surfacing as it hunts. The anhinga’s nickname is “snake bird” as most of the bird’s body stays submerged with only the neck sticking out as it takes a breath.

@ allensparks.wildlife
2 Likes

Large view is awesome with excellent color and details. The bright colors of the eye and surrounding area including the beak help pull the eye into the main area of interest. Wonderful portrait…Jim

Really beautiful profile portrait shot! It does look like she’s posing for you, a high fashion model shot! With her green/blue eye makeup and a few windblown feathers! I like the behavior shot as well, that’s really interesting.

Outstanding color, detail, and background. Well composed image. The eye and face coloration are quite pleasing.

Love the lines in the close up, Allen. Colors and details are superb and the soft blue background couldn’t be better. Nicely done.

Hi Allen
New title from Gloria Swanson in “Sunset Boulevard”“ok Mr. Demille i’m ready for my close up”
Vary nice profile photograph.
Peter

I love the portrait, Allen, and the swimming Anhinga really shows the behavior well. Very well done.

That is a really nice portrait Allen. Excellent. The very fine feathers look like fur. I guess it is more water resistant. An the anhinga swimming lives up tp their name for sure. Looks snaky.