Another view of the prairie fire

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I managed to get a shot down on the start of the fire I posted the other day. You can just see flames in the LR. Interesting that it is burning against the wind, and that such small burning areas can make the column of smoke I saw before. (They were shot within a minute of one another.)

Specific Feedback

All comments welcome. Nothing artistic here, just documentary, FWIW. I was very limited in the composition I could shoot.

Technical Details

Screen Shot 2023-06-08 at 8.05.39 PM

Small amount of contrast added to the raw file, then into PS for denoise and to darken the LL a bit.

Cool image, Diane. I like how it shows the leading edge of the burn. I wonder if the land slopes up in the direction of burn? If the surface winds were low it would still tend to burn in that direction and the smoke might be getting up into am area of more wind.

Thanks, @Dennis_Plank! It is intriguing the way the fire is burning. I think the land in that area (the Oklahoma panhandle) is basically flat, and looks so from the roads, but it definitely could have gullies and small hills.