Another Yellow Mariposa Lily

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Another from yesterday’s shoot after an unseasonal light rain. They bloom at the start of the dry season. I was shooting straight down on this one so no stem to ground it.

Specific Feedback

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Screen Shot 2023-06-13 at 4.48.07 PM

Minor LR tonal adjustments, mostly to tame the intense yellow, then a stack of about 25. Some BG work with low opacity cloning to smooth out the unruly jumble of dry grasses in the BG.

2 Likes

Another beauty with a more traditional presentation. I like the straight down view, something I do occasionally and it adds a touch of mystery without the stem. Great focus and stacking as usual. The water drops are a nice touch and I like the different angles of the petals themselves.

The details through the depth of the flower along with the raindrops look great, Diane. The stack overlap problem shows along the bottom of the right hand petal where it overlaps with the sepal at the bottom. That can be fixed with some careful cloning.

Thanks, @Mark_Seaver – I meant to fix that and got in a hurry and forgot about it. Consider it done!