Anyone used a card duplicator for field backup?

I was looking for ways of backing up photos on trips and the backup to hard drive options seem to have become extremely limited without using a computer. It occurred to me that there might be a device that just copied card to card. I found the attached as well as usb to usb duplicators which should work with an adapter (I think). Does anyone have any experience with these? It looks like a good way to go by duplicating images to a slower (and much cheaper) SD card.

Hi Dennis,
I’ve not seen this. It looks like a pretty cool and simple to use SD card backup. And you could get 2 backups!
I’m sure you’ve researched portable hard drives. I use a WD MyPassport Wireless Pro hard drive. It has a SD card slot for backups direct to the device. I love it. It also doubles as a battery, though I’ve not needed to use it that way.

Thanks, Mark. I’d forgotten about the WD device. That’s an obvious option that I need to look at again.

I have use a device from Sanyo Called the Colorspace UDMA3. It is great. I put a SSD drive in mine. Great device…… but… discontinued now. If I were replace it today, it would be with this device:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1437308-REG/gnarbox_gnar512v2_2_0_ssd_512gb_external.html

I would never consider backing up SD cards to other SD cards. I don’t need a pile of those things and dealing with the hassles. Much cleaner to backup to an SSD. Makes importing images to my LR catalog when I get home a breeze.

Thanks @Keith_Bauer . All these kinds of things seem to get discontinued quickly. My problem with the gnarbox is that it doesn’t look like it’s designed to replace the ssd. I did see something like you use on B&H, though I don’t know what the quality is.

I have been using NEXTO Di (enter this into B&H site) as my go to field back up. They have many card type options which I need as I have a converted body that uses the older CF and SD cards. For the new mirrorless bodies that use the XQD, I also use the GNARBOX 2.0 with a XQD card-reader. Both companies are excellent.

Thank you @karencolbert and welcome to NPN. The Nexto Di is similar to what Keith uses and I just bought one. The first test indicates that it works just fine. I’m glad to hear it’s been giving you good service.