Apres Shower

We stayed in a small cottage on the Big Island for part of our tour of Hawaii. These Titi plants were right outside the front door and I couldn’t pass them by after one of the frequent short cloudbursts we got almost every day. At first I was annoyed by these little shower outbursts but quickly got over it when they produced a steady diet of rainbows and flora opportunities. All comments welcome. >=))>

Specific Feedback Requested

I burned down the small green triangles along the right and left edges. Are they still too distracting?

Technical Details

Sony A7RIII
Sony FE 70-200 f2.8 GM OSS @ 148mm, CPL
ISO 400, 1/6 sec @ f22

3 Likes

Gorgeous, Bill. What a pleasant view right outside your door! The green triangles don’t bother me at all since I am so drawn to the wonderful detail you have gotten in the flower.

Gorgeous!! And fascinatingly unusual. I’m with Linda – no issue at all with the green triangles. Good job of subduing them.

The flowers over there drive me crazy – too many to choose from! I hope we’ll get to see more!

Lovely image of a very colorful plant. I like the light green background of the palms. I think they provide very nice separation. I also done have a problem with the triangles. Very nicely done.

Bill, so glad to see you able to post a shot, and what a shot. Love that flower. Yes, you can get lots of rainbows and flowers to photograph in Hawaii. Such a beautiful flower and with the rain drops it just makes it even more beautiful, in my opinion.