Iris after a shower

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Another from my roving about after the spring showers Tuesday night. Some very old iris has gone feral here, with just grass for a BG. About the only thing I’ve planted that doesn’t seem to be edible.

Specific Feedback

All comments welcome! I couldn’t resist going in close for the detail here.

Technical Details

Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 11.39.04 AM

Focus stack, with minimal LR adjustments and just very slight retouching in PS after it was done. Cloudy light.

2 Likes

This looks like the type in my backyard - pale and frilly. Water droplets help everything, don’t they? They add freshness and interest and a variety of shapes that’s fun to explore. Cropping down works well to invite the viewer to explore the shapes and colors more than I think a whole flower would because we know that whole flower and this is a bit more unexpected to me. And I know what you mean about stuff you plant being tasty - I’ve given up trying to maintain much besides annuals. Between the deer, rabbits, mice, chipmunks and who knows what else, they don’t stand much of a chance.