Japanese Water Iris

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

There are not many fresh blossoms now, but there are a lot of interesting remnants. The light on this one caught my eye.

Specific Feedback

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Screen Shot 2023-10-03 at 6.01.50 AM

Shadows brought up a little in LR (just the global slider); a focus stack; a little canvas added at top. Two intruding items removed at the edges and some low-opacity cloning on the BG.

Nice to see an end of season image, Diane. This is a beautiful subject and I love the way it moves through the frame. The subtle out of focus background elements add a lot to the image for me.

Lovely subtle light and color here. I love the drooping bits, too. The background is perfect, with that OOF angled element.

Iris seed pods are so cool. Glad you found them so, too. Whatever you have in the background makes an excellent OOF echo even if it isn’t another iris. The spider silk tracing through is a nice addition and I’m glad you left it. Great greens in this.

Very nice. I think I like the dead flowers almost more than the blooms. The lines and textures really come through then. The simple color combination of this image is nice and your background is wonderful.