Autumn Abstract

A colorful Autumn abstract reflection that I could not resist. This one is outside the box for me and I am looking for any feedback.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Any pertinent technical details:

200mm, ISO 100, 1/60, f14

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

This is really nice. Color, saturation, brightness and contrast very nicely balanced and all looking just right. I also like that while it is abstract, it’s also understandable. It engages the viewer in a very delightful way.

Alan, this is a very successful abstract image, very artistic. Because of the ripples in the water, it makes this image look like a stained glass window. What I also like about this image is that it incorporates some cooler blue and green colors that create a nice contrast to the autumn hues. Very nice work.

Thanks @Tony_Kuyper and @Ed_McGuirk for your specific feedback. As I stated, this was a bit of a stretch for me. I enjoy abstracts but I feel they are very subjective and difficult to compose.

This is a beautiful and engaging autumn abstract, Alan. I like the color palette with the warm and cool colors along with the impressionistic feel this has. I could see this just a bit darker, but that is just a personal preference. Outstanding image.

Excellent autumn reflection abstract. I like that you’ve filled the frame by your chosen crop or zoomed selection. No nits or suggestions. Well seen!

Lon

Ed, thanks for the comments. I tried this a little darker and did like it as well. It creates a little different mood. Thank you for the suggestion.

Thank you Lon! This was taken very near my backyard and when I saw it I hurried for my camera gear. The lighting, breeze and colors all lined up for this one. I watched for this scene before and since but it has not come close to reappearing.

Beautiful work, Alan. Nicely composed and processed. Reminds me of stained glass.

Dave, Thanks for taking the time to offer your thoughts.