Autumn at Aira Force waterfall, Lake District, UK

I’d be interested in any comments or suggestions. I have blended two images here, a slow exposure for the water (.7s f/16), and a fast exposure for the leaves (1/125s f/8)

I generally would have chosen a slightly s horter exposure for the water, but wanted a more “dreamy” effect in this one. I have done three similar images using the same technique, and designed to be viewed together.

Camera Nikon D850 Tamron SP 24-70mm (at 70mm). No polariser used.

1 Like

Philip, great idea to blend exposures like this, you used it well for creative effect. The processing of the fall color looks great, vibrant colors but not over-saturated. I also like how the boulder in the stream creates a stretch of darker water to create some contrast in the water. Overall this is a very enjoyable image, and well done. My only suggestion would be to make a small crop from the top, to place a little more emphasis on the large mass of orange leaves.

I do like the rock in the water as it helps break up the half and half composition. Perhaps you should include all three images in the post as they are supposed to be seen together.

Thanks, Ed. I’m having a fiddle around to see if I can get it to look better with a crop and keep changing my mind! I do see what you mean, but I quite like the splash of green and the lesser orange canopy at the top. You’re probably right, though!

Thanks, Igor. I am going to upload another one of the images - they like one at a time, understandably!

. I used the same technique of one capture for the water and another for the trees. (1/4 sec and 1/180 sec), mostly compensating with ISO value.

They like one at a time but you can use the pencil icon to edit and add image by image to the original post.

I really like the background and your juxtaposition with the smooth water. I am also with Igor about the rock in the water but the rock in the LLC does not really resonate with me. If it is bigger it might anchor the image but as presented it looks like an accidental cut off.