Autumn grass

Your circling paid off wonderfully. My eye circles throughout the image, enjoying colors and textures. You show a great appreciation of the colors and textures of dry grasses and plants; this image is one that I think Guy Tal would be proud of.
The light colored grasses near the left 35% of the top edge pull my eye there a bit more that I wish. Some color burn might be considered.

Wonderful image Igor. The subtle colors and delicate textures are truly a joy. I like that you’ve gotten a “yarrow” in the image, it adds a wonderful focal point. Very lovely.

Beautiful, Igor!! By far one of my favorites from your work. Very elegant and painterly. No nits here.

Elegant, subtle and delicate. A wonderful, wonderful image. I agree with Harley - one of your very best.

Beautiful. The monochromatic warm tones are lovely and subtle. I’m with Dick on that lighter spot about 1/3 of the way down the right side; it caught my eye right away.

Igor,

Really a fantastic composition and vision on your part. I love your choices in post as well. The warmth, texture and detail is outstanding in this scene. This is the kind of image that forces the viewer to explore the intricate details. No nits from me!

I like it very much. It’s a big question but in short - it’s the best camera I’ve ever owned. I can go into greater detail, Michael, if you’re interested. It’s not a camera for everyone. It’s particularly suitable for landscape photography.

A quick question Igor. Did you shoot this 4:5 and that is what was in the viewfinder or was this a crop in post?

Having the ability to view in the field in different aspect ratios must be amazing.

The gfx50r has a native 4 by 5 display. That is, it’s a 4 by 5 sensor, not a full frame sensor.

1 Like

I agree with @michael7 about wishing I had the eye to find these types of images in the field. Great find and excellent choice of Post-processing on this. Love the colors. Thanks for your limited impressions of the Fuji.

Hi Igor very nice image I like all the complexity and organised chaos amidst the underlying hue. it’s a really great camera, It is the first digital camera I have enjoyed using as much as my oversized Pentax 67. I think the format (native) is 4 : 3 though.

1 Like

Nice image, @Igor_Doncov. Very warm and inviting. Like a textural mosaic.

On a technical note, I detect a bit of fuzziness around the flower heads at center left. Do you see it?

I like it @Igor_Doncov, a lot. I don’t have much more to say really. It’s almost like a painting and makes me feel quite relaxed :slight_smile: Great work!!

Yes I do see it. I will try to fix that. I am out in the field right now. This is a 14 file focus stack as I recall.

Igor, this is a beautiful, intimate look at the details that surround us. The overall does a great job of saying “sunny fall day stroll”. Well seen and well executed.

Love this Igor - right up my alley! Makes me quite envious of standing out in a meadow, just reveling in the subtle beauty of such places. Beautifully seen and captured. Love it as presented.

Lon

You have created a intimate landscape that reminds me of Eliot Porter. Yea for circling. I actually see a circle made up of the tall grasses that keeps me enjoying the image. The light and color management are excellent. I would leave the color as it is. This has a natural prairie look to me.
Looking at the image is a lesson in seeing. Thanks.

@Nathan_Klein, @Bonnie_Lampley, @linda_mellor, @Harley_Goldman, @Mark_Seaver, @Dick_Knudson, @Lon_Overacker, @Larry_Greenbaum, @Eugene_Theron, @Matt_Lancaster, @Ian_Cameron, @David_Haynes, @Alan_Kreyger, @Kerry_Gordon, @Michael_Lowe,

Thank you for all your comments. I have to admit that this is one of my recent favorites. I’m quite happy with it. We’ll see if it translates well into a print.

The fuzziness Matt mention is due to overzealous cleaning of a lens filter. That has resulted in diminished sharpness in one area of images taken with it. I’m no longer shooting with that filter.

My appreciation for this type of image has really grown over the years. It’s a true skill to take a scene like this and turn it into art. This one is beautiful Igor; I hope the print is huge and turns out well!

1 Like

I think this is just gorgeous Igor. I have not had much time for this site lately but scrolling through, this one really caught my eye. Very well done!

1 Like