B&W field

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any feedback

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any feedback

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
D3400 ISO 1600, f/25, Exposure 1/50 fl 122mm

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Michael,

I like this quite a lot. Great choice on the b&w as this works very well with the contrasts and I think the composition is enhanced with the b&w processing.

Even though you’ve got the barbed wire fence across the front, this comp is still very inviting with the way the light and contrasts are laid out; for example, darker in the lower corners and getting lighter as you move towards the fencing and beyond in to the meadow. Excellent; well seen and photographed.

Question though. You posted two versions, but didn’t offer up an information. The obvious different is the cloning at the middle of the top edge. I could be wrong, but I think both have been cloned? The first looks much better than the second. The second version looks like a tree is suspended in the air. Of course that’s mostly due to a cynical reviewer like me who is looking for things… :wink: But it would be helpful to know what you were wanting to accomplish there. I myself will often clone little areas like this and find it difficult most times to make it look completely unaltered.

Other than that, I’m really liking this image. thanks for posting.

Lon

thanks Lon, the post with the tree in midair is the first version, I didn’t notice till after post, i’m very new here and tried to replace the post but just added the second :face_with_raised_eyebrow: the photo has a lot of cloning " I was experimenting " I curved it a lot in Light-room then finished it in Photoshop, cloned out the empty spaces that were left around the edges, that’s what gives it a unusual contrast and effect you can’t put your finger on. I guess I should have mentioned that .

original

No worries @Michael_Sonier! Thanks for the response. What a transformation! Thank you for showing the original. And for the record, there is no need or requirement to disclose your original nor any little bits of cloning. Yes, it’s encouraged to disclose composites, etc. and significant cloning (although I’m not aware of any rules, and I don’t make them…) But I guess only fair to ask a poster when something is fairly apparent.

And knowing you attempted to replace the original in your post makes this almost all moot…

You said you’re new here - and Welcome to NPN by the way… When editing your post you can simply delete the line that contains the image link. Then you click on the “image” icon to insert a new or additional image, as you did. Simply deleting the line that contained the original image link would have removed it. No biggie.

Even more impressed with what you created after seeing the original.

thanks!

Lon