Bald Eagle

I had noticed this eagle hightailing it across the marsh but lost sight of it as I walked back to my vehicle. And then I noticed it munching down on something. It must have robbed a harrier of a vole. Whatever it is eating is down below the feet and in a little hollow not to be seen.

Specific Feedback Requested

The eagle looks a little off vertical but grass in bg seems fine. I think eagle has just transferred weight to its left foot as it raises the right.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
R5, 500mm + 1.4 Ext., f/5.6, 1/1600, ISO800, tripod. Cropped to 57% of full height.

3 Likes

Nice to be able to get so close. Excellent color and detail. Background really works well. Bottom foreground could probably be a little more blurred using tilt shift but okay as is.

What a wonderful look at this beautiful Eagle, David. Love his perch. That one foot up and his beak open is a nice touch. I like how the rocks seem to be framing him, and he stands out nicely with the background. Glad you spotted him.

Hi David
It must me nice to Eagles in the open to photograph. Eagles are hard to get close to in Ct. I like the framing, detail and color control. The contact is great.
Peter

Good work, David. Details are good and a nice BG. A terrific find.

This is really nice. IQ is great, and the environment really adds. Nice work.

IQ is superb… very nice.

Excellent detail in the Eagle, David. I love the grassy background and the tilt of the eagle looks ok to me.