Bar-Tailed Godwit

![Bar-Tailed Godwit]

This time of year the Bar-Tailed Godwits pass our shorelines, mainly young birds. This means I try to spend at least one or two mornings a week on the beach, as species and numbers change by the day. Here I was lying the small laguna, the water is still warm enough for board shorts and getting wet… The Eurasian Oystercatcher in the back was making for something different i.m.o. Thanks for any feedback ! Cheers, Hans

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D500 with 500mm f4 | 1/2000s | f/5.6 | ISO400 | overexposed 1FS | camera on skimmer ground plate

I’m really enjoying the color here. Wonderful depth of field as usual with striking glowing band in the background that complements the Godwit. I saw few of these in Iceland and they are beautiful birds.

Like the Godwit very much, great clarity in the feather details. When II saw the small post I thought the bird was in a a snow field :grinning:. Good positioning on the Oystercatcher too.

Hi Hans
The framing, low angle and detail on this Godwit is outstanding.
Peter

Hi Hans, nice image with fine details and exposure on the front bird. I also like the wave action around the front bird. For me, I like the oof bird in the background but would prefer it not intersecting the one in front. Nice image.

Hi Hans,

The godwit is perfect and you were photobombed by an oystercatcher. I have no nits and like this artistic view as presented…Jim