Black-tailed Godwit

Last Sunday the wind was strong and there were some showers. Still I ventured out and was happy when I found a group of Black-tailed Godwits. The weather conditions were good for some high-key approach. Thanks for viewing and wishing you a nice day, Cheers, Hans

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Nikon D500 with 500mm f4 | 1/500s | f4 | ISO560 | overexposed 2 1/3 EV | handheld. In postprocessing I overexposed a bit more.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

A very nice composition and the main character managed to get itself almost completely clear of the other birds-quite a feat in that crowd. It’s pose is wonderful. I also like the secondary characters receding into the background, which seems to fit with the high key image.

I really like the image. If it were mine I would look at popping the contrast a bit to try to unmade the flyer some to maybe bring it into the foreground more. Well done.

I like the high key effect and that the main subject is well positioned and framed by its companions. And you caught a great pose. Nicely done.