Digging for food

Earlier this week I found myself at the beach again, where some Bar-tailed Godwits were probing the sand for food. Thanks for any comments, have a nice weekend, Hans

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D500 with 500mm f4 | 1/2000s | f5 | ISO360 | handheld

3 Likes

Hi Hans,

The head of the godwit is sharp and I can see details in the polychaete worm as well. Killer BG too. Awesome shot…Jim

Excellent POV, DOF,and comp with pleasing BG and action. It might even be a tad sharper at f5.6. The head is really detailed and there is a very slight but acceptable softness to the body plumage. A very nice image !

Lovely, Hans. I’ve never gotten close enough for anything like this. A beautiful image of this bird with nice relaxed behavior.

Very pleasing frame. The color palette is wonderful. It’s always nice to get colors that work so well together with the subject.

A wonderful foraging shot for all the reasons stated above.

Hi Hans
The background, worm and Godwits coloring is great.
Nice work.
Peter

I’m late to the party. Your image is gorgeous, from background to bird. Good focus where it needs to be.

I was going to suggest a bit of a CCW rotation. No other commentors has mentioned it, so maybe just my wonky eyes. I see it as the first line of OOF foreground is good, and then the line of in focus sand is slightly sloping to the right, which is probably exactly how it was.