Barents sea in the early morning

New version of the old image. New calibrated monitor and better images.
A calm looking morning even though the wind was so strong that it downfall the tripod if you didn’t hold on to it. Thanks David Kingham for microcontrast action

Specific Feedback Requested

Use of light and post prosessing

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
30sec / Nikon D750 / Tamron 17-35 OSD + Kase Landscape pola and gnd filters

2 Likes

I love your work and this is no exception. I like the sea and the sunset but what really excites me are those slate rock forms on the center left. My only suggestion is to desaturate the plant colors in the llc.

Thank you Igor. My monitor is calibrated for prints and the web images are a bit light. That orange grass is much subdued in print and fits nicely into it

1 Like

A wonderful scene with great colors and details. No nits, as far as I’m concerned.

Stunning image Jorma! Great job controlling colors, this could easily be overdone. I also like the soft clouds contrasted against the harsh landscape. If I can make one little nit, I would get rid of the stick in the lower right corner along with one other bright speck down there. I’m glad you found my action useful, it really makes a big difference.

Thanks Han and David! The Microcontrast pencil is my second favorite tool. The other is TK8 paint contrast. They give the final touch to an almost finished image

Incredible rock formations Jorma. What a great composition too. The sunset is just the icing on top. Great leading line with the water in the foreground leading right to the tip of the rock in the upper center of the image. This is really balanced. Even the vegetation is balanced. Super image.

1 Like

The sky is just filled with stunning color, Nice zig zag composition too Jorma.