Barn Swallow

The swallow was resting on this stick in a brush pile. The background is tall, lush grass-a very dark green I toned down a bit in PS. Cloned out a bright white piece of wood.

Specific Feedback Requested: Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII; Sigma 150-600 at 600 mm; 1/1250 at f6.3; ISO 640

1 Like

Excellent image of this swallow, Allen. I like the perch as well. Good job.

1 Like

Allen, I don’t think I have ever seen a Barn Swallow just perched and resting before! They have buzzed our porch looking for a nesting spot, but we didn’t want the mess they leave so we put some bottles filled with water up in the few places that they thought would work for a nest, and that did the trick. They are very fast. Nice shot of him, and that BG really works great.

1 Like

Very nice Barn Swallow image, Allen ,The colors look right on.

1 Like

Great shot, I love the way how the revealed part of the branch matches the color of the barn swallow. No nits from me. Cheers, Hans

1 Like

Wonderful – great pose, excellent composition, perfect color match with the very interesting perch and a lovely BG!

1 Like

Wow! A swallow sitting still. Doesn’t happen often so kudos to catching this. The colors are really terrific. I usually just see them whizzing by and grabbing bugs. Have never even attempted to shoot them. Such a sweet background, too.

1 Like

I like the pose and your edits work very well for this image. I think that you have enough DOF to keep the important pieces of the composition in focus. Well done…Jim

1 Like