Tree Swallow

Description: I liked this for the perch and the pose.

Specific Feedback Requested: Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7D II; Sigma 150-600 at 435 mm; 1/1250 at f7.1; ISO 200

I like the perch and pose too! Nice lighting on him, and a Tree Swallow in a tree is quite a treat!

1 Like

I love the composition, Allen. To my eye, it looks as if the focus was on the leaves rather than the swallow which seems just a bit soft. If this is a favorite perch, you might try it with more depth of field.

1 Like

Hello Allen, the composition is great in my opinion, and I really do like the pose and the wings, separated from the body at both sides of the bird. The bird itself seems a bit soft indeed, and some noise - maybe give it one more round of sharpening / denoising? Either way, it’s a pleasure to look at ! Well seen ! Hans

1 Like

Howdy, Allen. I agree there are a couple of small tech issues, but it’s a terrific composition and overall a very nice catch.

1 Like

Hi Allen
I like the framing of your Tree Swallow. The head turn, eye contact and well controlled whites look very nice. Good Work.
Peter

1 Like

It’s bright, but that little kiss of sunlight on the head and in the branch is so nice. The whites look crisp and damn, those wings! What fliers these guys are. The perch is perfect. Did you wait for one to land there? If so, I applaud your patience and results. I love it.

1 Like

I really like the pose, head turn, and body position with the draped wings. Color and exposure are accurate. I also see a bit of softness; perhaps some local sharpening would help. Nice to see you posting again.

1 Like