Shutter Speed: 1/50s
Exposure Mode: Shutter Priority
Exposure Comp.: 0EV
Exposure Tuning:
Metering: Matrix
ISO Sensitivity: ISO 1600
Handheld

Evening light, dragonfly smiles in this beautiful setting I guess

I like the dragonfly position and the nice background behind the dragonfly. Looks like it is nice and sharp with good contrast. My eyes are heavily drawn to the very bright pink flowers in the other part of the background. They are so dominant that after you find the dragonfly, they take over the image. I’d look at the original RAW and see if details can be recovered in those and the luminance of them brought down to they don’t compete.

The df has a fine glow, Nishand, and the surroundings, especially the background add well to the beauty. As Keith says, the blown highlights in the flowers are distracting. I would also like a bit more space between the df and the frame. Your comp. does do a good job of creating a sense of place with all of the flowers.

Thank you very much, unfortunately this was shot in normal mode. So there is no Raw file. Thanks for your valuable advice and encouraging words

With regards
Nishand Venugopal

Thank you very much Mr Mark, for this advice. Grateful for your kind words.

With regards
Nishand Venugopal

Nishand, Besides the good advice Keith and Mark gave you, I will add learn “RAW.” Your processing will be much better. Also, learn depth of field, F/32 was really overkill for your subject. Finally, be aware of your background. The subject here is nice, but the bright highlights kill it figuratively. Last but not least, learn to shoot aperture priority. 99 times out of a hundred, it will give you a better image.

Thank you very much, will try to learn ‘RAW’. Grateful for your advice

with regards
Nishand Venugopal