Beautiful Fall Morning

Morning shoot along the Bear River, Idaho. First image of the day good start!

Specific Feedback Requested

First Post

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 80D
18-200 EF Lens
Tripod
ISO 100
F16
1/30

1 Like

Welcome to NPN Terry, this is a great first post. Glad to see you posting here.

I think both your composition and processing are well handled. In terms of composition, I like the zig-zag flow as you go up the falls, then down the river to the background cliffs. Having reversing directions in the visual flow can be a good way to direct thee viewer through the scene. I think exposure and contrast are generally well handled here, I especially like the golden glow reflecting in the river. Having that glow helps pull the viewer deeper into the scene too,

My primary suggestion for tweaks would be to burn down (darken), the bright patch of sandbank along the left edge in the upper left corner (ULC). It so bright that it pulls my eye to the frame edge, whereas I think you want to keep the viewer focused on the center of the image. But that is a nitpick, overall this a very good image.

Thank You for your comments and constructive suggestions.

Welcome to NPN. I also find the contrasting diagonal directions of the rocks/trees and hillside/water flow provides a nice dynamism. Also a nice contrast of cool tones in the foreground and warm tones in the background. Well done.

1 Like