Before Sunset

I ride my bike up to this view almost every week. I like the stand of dead trees on the right and how if I stand in a certain place the branch frames the distant hill. There also are usually woodpeckers or other birds on it. This evening there was a hawk perched on the top and I caught him flying off and I think an Acorn Woodpecker sitting below. I think the bird silhouettes add to the scene.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400, 105mm, ISO 100, f/11, 1/160

I like this one. The silhouettes do work well and even the area of blown sky looks natural and right to me. If I was to print this, I might do a touch of creative cloning on the tree far right to create a bit of sky margin on that side, but very minor.

1 Like

A gentle, calm scene. I understand why you return here often.
I think that you found the right place to position the trees w.r.t. the hill, maybe I’d consider a slight crop at the right edge.
The flying hawk adds something to the scene, but I might have missed the woodpecker if you didn’t point me to it.

1 Like

Thanks @Harley_Goldman for your feedback, so you mean to take out the little short tree? Which is interesting because I think that’s what you mean too @Han_Schutten about cropping off that side. I think I even have other angles where I’m lower and further away where the tree doesn’t show and there’s more of the dead trees. Which might look better. Thanks for your comments and feedback! I really appreciate it.

I was thinking more along the lines of this. My version is quickly and crudely done, but it gives you an idea of where I was headed.

1 Like

Oh! Thank you for the demo @Harley_Goldman! I see it gives it a little more balance by having a small slice of sky on that side without completely eliminating the tree. It looks not so messy now.

I like @Harley_Goldman 's version. It is a small change, but the image benefits from it.

1 Like