Best Buddies

My wife preferred “Pas de Deux” but whatever… This is from the visit to our local pond by David Schoen and myself on Friday. People do not feed the ducks on this pond, but it is a very popular location, so the ducks are fairly well habituated to our presence. A few species come really close, but with patience almost all the ducks will come within range.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A7Riv, FE200-600 + 1.4 TC, @ 823 mm, tripod with ballhead and Sidekick mount, f/10, 1/2000, iso 1250, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. I did lots of cleanup on the background removing unwanted lily pads and parts thereof. I also did a bunch of spot cleanup. The Wood Ducks were both sharp enough that I used less than my normal feather enhancement. Cropped to 6910x4512. Taken March 12th at 10:13 AM.

1 Like

Wow. I love this one, Dennis. The symmetry you’ve captured is quite arresting. And the reflection ins pretty perfect. The clean-up job is well done. Maybe a touch brighter overall, but really this is pretty sweet as is. Our woodies should be back soon. What a great location you have for yours.

Nicely composed. I like the low viewpoint and how the lily pads provide a framed background. Excellent detail and good reflections. The color of the water is pleasing as well.

Excellent pairing. Along with the color, detail, and POV, this image works very well. Good catch.

I love the relative position of the ducks. Just the right moment to capture. And what a perfect reflection. Nicely done!

Gorgeous catch, Dennis. Comp is excellent and I love the reflections. Well done.

Really nice Dennis. Nice that you got the two in a good position with lovely reflection. Water looks really good. I suppose Pair O Dux is too obvious.