Best Friends

Just before nightfall, while driving back to camp, we stopped near a tree where a family of vervet monkeys were having a nice evening before retreating up high in the trees for the night. Mother and father were trying to calm down their two kids, but these were not ready for bed yet. They ran after each other across the tree, jumping over each other and stopping very frequently to hold each other lovingly and then revert to teasing. I took loads of pictures of this endearing family - it was difficult to choose, you might get to see another one or two later :slightly_smiling_face:

Tarangire National Park, Tanzania.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
1/1600s, f/4, 160 ISO - Manual mode with auto ISO, 1 stop underexposed so as not to blow out the light in the background - hence a little increase in shadow details in post processing.

ingridvekemansphotography

So sweet, great moment and love the bokeh too !

Very cute and excellent image of them.

Wonderful image of two very cute youngsters. Hope you change “might” in your information to “will”.

Wonderful shot, Ingrid. I’ll be curious to see how the rest of the series compares. The pose, expressions, and placement on that branch are top notch.

Max

@JRajput @Harley_Goldman @Jim_Gavin @Max_Waugh - thanks so much for your comments on these sweet litlle youngsters. I will definitely post another one of them next time!

Happy New Year!

Ingrid…