Bethlehem Steel Works

Description:

tracks used to bring in the iron ore pellets

Specific Feedback Requested:

any and all appreciated

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)

no

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Ah, the Bethlehem Steel Works. It’s a location I have always wanted to photograph but have not yet made the time to, despite its rather close proximity.

While I think your composition is pretty solid here, I do believe the light could be much better. Have you considered re-shooting it more toward sunset or sunrise, for a bit softer light on the tracks? It would likely help with the dull sky, as well.

It’s always" all about the light" and this venue is tricky to photograph due to the layout of the steel works in relation to the path of the sun . late afternoon is the best light for most of the structures but early morning would work for this subject. If you want to photograph the steel works I would suggest sooner than later since there is on- going work to dismantle the existing structures. Thanks for your comment.

1 Like