Bhutanese Boy

On a trek through Bhutan (unofficially named the Bhutan Death March) we camped in an open field that was used as pasturage for a herd of pack horses. Pictured is the son of the man who owned the horses. He was really a great kid, interested in us and especially all of camera gear. During a rain, he appeared in typical garb and stood at the entrance to our dining tent. Luckily, I had a camera handy and took this photo. He reluctantly came in to have a cup to tea with us and told us in very good English that he was quitting school to become a horseman. We later learned that his father felt otherwise about that decision. Cropped to about 80% of the original to eliminate the grey sky.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

I liked the strong colors and left the red tones on his face created by light coming through the umbrella. What do you think?

Any pertinent technical details:

Olympus E-M1.2 and 12-100 lens at f/4, 1/200 and ISO 800.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I think the red from the umbrella on his face is fine. I wonder if a crop to remove the blue/black tent(?) would be feasible, I find it a bit distracting from a nice portrait.

This is the type of travel image I am not good at, but I completely admire those of you who can do it well. I, too, like the strong colors. the weight of the image on the right of the frame is also excellent.