Big brother or sister

The Ospreys seem to be the only group of birds, that are doing fairly well this year. I would say about 80% of their nest are active. The Egret and Heron population is less than half of last years. These two were photograph on the Four Mile River just behind Rocky Neck State Park, Ct, on July 19.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter
Ps after reading Shirley comment on the harsh lighting, I went back into DXO an tried lower the over contracts by 50%. I this looks better.
Thank you Shirley, Dennis & Allen for the comments. Dennis I moved the key point on the local adjustment covering the chick head, I think the help some.

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm & 1.4ext, 700mm, f10, -1.3EV, 1/1600, ISO 1600. (the sun angle produces a very kick of the box and the chicks are dark) The shot is cropped by 60% and I lower the high lights with DXO Photo Lab 5 local adjustment.

Peter, I’m glad that the Osprey are doing well this year. I like seeing them when out where they are at. I love the wing spread and the defensive look she is providing, or at least it seems. It is harsh light, but an Osprey on the nest is a good thing no matter the light. :grinning:

I prefer the revised version as well, Peter. You might want to add some light to the face and eye. They kind of get lost in the lage body of the bird.

Nice catch Peter. Interesting pose you have captured. Really shows the nests can be quite large. Repost is an improvement.