Bigger is better?

This shot was taken at the Back River in Old Lyme, Ct on Aug. 8, 2017. It has all ways been one of my goals to photograph Ospreys in tandem flight. If only they would fly closer to me. This bring me to this shot. It started as a 5472 by 3648, 24mb raw file. Witch was cropped to a 1572 by 1905, 9mb TIFF and open in Topaz Gigapixel Ai, up scaled by 2.5 to at 3930 by 4763, 9.2mb jpg. I then open it in DxO Photo Lab and rescaled the shot to a 2266 by 3000 3.1mb jpg for this posting. Is it worth the work?? The top of their head could not be recovered (heave clip)

Thank you for stopping.

Peter

Ps I will also post the 1572 by 1905 jpg.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Hi
This is the 1572 by 1905 jpg.
I tried posting both jpgs, but that did not give a large post with both photos in the same posting?

Peter

Congratulations for getting two together – and in a dynamic composition. But there is a look I’m not sure how to describe other than simplification. Your initial crop was 15% of the full frame. As a newbie here, I don’t know what your equipment was but I can often get a very good web-quality image at a crop like that. I’d be interested to see how that compares to these two. If the straight cropped image is noisy, I’ve had very good results with Topaz DeNoise AI, which has been improved in the last couple of updates.

A very cool composition, Peter and at the web scale, both versions look fine to my eye. Clicking on the large image for the full sized one shows the “simplification” that Diane was talking about in both cases. In this instance, I don’t think GigapixelAI did anything for you.

Hi Peter, nice interaction you captured. To my eye, image quality took too much of a hit as seen in the larger version.

Peter: capturing this type of image is a feat in itself. I’m not concerned by the clipped whites. Sometimes you just have to accept less than desirable results if it allows you to capture the action. Richard

Hi
Thanks for the comments, but do not under the statement of (I’m not sure how to describe other than simplification) by Diane and Dennis? What I was trying to work out is, after a 71% crop (5472 by 3648 to 1572 by 1905) is there enough information left in the photo to post a quality photograph?
The second problem I have in posting is image size. The first photo 2266 by 3000 3.1mb when enlarged, was smaller then the second posting of 1572 by 1905 925kb? I like the old way of posting.
Small post 480by 640, large post 2400 by 3200.
Peter