You catch fish this way?

In Old Lyme, CT. I watched this juvenile for around ten minutes trying to master the art of hunting for a meal. First the Osprey work on dipping into the grass and then it made its’ first try into the water and slightly over shot. I have included the splash down and two more shots of the exit from the water.

Thank you for stopping by.

Peter

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII, Sigma 150-600mm, F7.1, 546mm, 1/2500, ISO 800. In DxO Photo Lab I increased the exposure by .34, & viberancy by 25, reduced the highlights by .22 and cropped the shots 60%.

1 Like

Very cool series Peter, my favorite is the first with all that water flying around. I would like to be able to view it larger to see the details better.

An excellent series, Peter. I also favor the splash down. The other two are nice images, but nothing special. The splash down is just cool.

Nice sequence, Peter! I like the splash-down also but I wish it was as sharp and clear as the other two. The bird is very small in the frame also. Did you already crop it once?

Hi
Thank you for the comments. The shots were cropped around 50% and when I posted it I set the width to 2,000 pix give a 3.4mg file. A file that size in past post came close to fill the viewing Fram. Why these shot are so small is a question I ask David Kingham. He stated, if the files were over 3mg, the software will resized the shots. So I guess, that is why I had 3 small frame. Let see what this single frame at 3,000 px 3.9mg looks like.
Peter

Hi again
That file filled most of the viewing frame, but looks softer then the photo on my IMac?
Peter

Sounds like fun and a nice series. Good composition in all of the shots. The repost does provide a larger image. The eye and beak look sharp in repost but feathers not so much. Although itcould be my eyes.