Now finish your breakfast and go back to the flying lessons.

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Hi, I am back out in the Zodiac, just behind the Conn. River and it looks like another good year for Osprey families. Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm & 1.4ext, f10, 700mm, 1/1600, ISO 320, these photos are cropped by 60 % in DXO PhotoLab 7.

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

A nice sequence. I think the third is the most dynamic. I like how the two are eyeing the catch; too bad the third one is hidden-maybe camera shy. My only nit would be I’d like to see more definition in the parent’s head.

Great action sequence. I like the way the bird on the right follows the fish as it is delivered to the nest. Scrolling quickly creates a good old time video (like flipping through cards).

Peter: excellent sequence showing a parent bringing home the goods. Well done!!

Wonderful!! Excellent detail and I love the looks on the kids’ faces! And a whole fish is a bonus, for me – the ones I see usually bring a headless body to the nest.

Peter - great captures. Osprey are always cool to shoot. Getting the faces of the juveniles and the whole fish are excellent

Hi Peter, really nice series. Great to get a whole fish as others have mentioned. The young ones seem about ready to fledge.

Hi Allen, Jim, Richard, Diane, Sandy & Allen Sparks
Thank you for your comments, it is fun to an Osprey family interact. A fare number of the juveniles are flying now.
Allen Brooks, Are you referring to the juveniles heads, because I went back to the RAW file and I Never see the parent’s head?
Peter

Nice series, Peter. A very productive family. It’s unusual to see three youngsters. The descent of the fish is really cool and I’ll bet there was quite the scrimmage over who got first dibs on it.

What they all said Peter. This is a great series.